Working for the CMA
Joining the CMA means being part of a dynamic and exciting department working towards fairer and more competitive markets for all.
We foster a welcoming and encouraging atmosphere, promoting courage and creativity. Our goal is to establish a diverse and inclusive setting that values both our team members and those we serve.
Our organisational values help give us purpose and direction, setting the tone for how we operate, defining what we’re about and what’s important to us.
Values give us a shared understanding of what it means to be part of the CMA and are a true reflection of our aspirations for how we behave. They aren’t just words – they shape our culture and reflect what we expect of ourselves and each other.
Our values are at the heart of everything we do – they inform our choices, decisions and the way we work together to meet our goals.
Through our values:
- We deliver impactful outcomes – for people, businesses and the economy.
- We are ambitious and evidence based, and always strive for excellence.
- We treat everyone with respect and are collaborative and inclusive.
- Everything we do is underpinned by the Civil Service values: Honesty, Integrity, Objectivity and Impartiality.
Challenging and meaningful work, smart and kind colleagues, and a fun and supportive professional environment - this is, in my view, the CMA’s recipe for its work culture and it’s hard to beat.
Between 2015 and 2018 we benefited the consumer by over £3billion
We've expanded. The Subsidy Advice Unit and Office for the Internal Market are now part of the CMA.
We have offices in Belfast, Cardiff, Darlington, Edinburgh, London and Manchester.
The CMA has given me the space and opportunity to grow and learn in so many ways that I am very appreciative of.
Our benefits offer:
We offer a range of generous and competitive benefits in addition to the standard Civil Service benefits (notably generous leave and pension), such as:
- real opportunity for career progression - including access to coaching and mentoring
- flexible working patterns including working from home, part time arrangements, compressed hours and job shares
- employee assistance programme, wellbeing initiatives and a network of mental health first aiders
- interest-free season ticket and cycle to work scheme
We’re committed to maximising our employees potential by supporting them to develop the knowledge, professional and technical skills and experience required to advance their careers. You will work on a variety of interesting cases and investigations, with your professional development regularly reviewed and discussed with those you work with. We will build with you a personal development plan, to help you prepare for the next steps in your current role and future career.