Civil Service Apprenticeships
Join the Civil Service as an Apprentice and help to Build The Future. Opportunities available include Higher & Degree level apprenticeships in addition to apprenticeships equivalent to GCSE and A level.
Civil Service Industry Placements
Civil Service Industry Placements provide T Level students with the opportunity to experience a career in the Civil Service. T Level students spend 80% of the course in the classroom, learning the skills that employers need. The other 20% is a meaningful industry placement, where they put these skills into action.
Early Diversity Internship
We offer a short internship for first-year undergraduates from diverse backgrounds. This is an ideal way to learn more about a career in the Civil Service.
Summer Diversity Internship
Our multi-award winning programme that gives talented people from diverse backgrounds, in their final 2 years of undergraduate study, the opportunity to see what a career in the Civil Service is like.
Civil Service Fast Stream
This is an accelerated path into leadership in the Civil Service for graduates and civil servants. In 2021, we were, for the third year running, Number 1 in 'The Times Top 100 Graduate Employers' listing.
Civil Service Jobs
You don’t have to join an Apprenticeship or Graduate Programme to become a civil servant. You can use the 'Direct Entry' route by applying for live vacancies. We are always recruiting and have a large number of wide-ranging vacancies available at any given time. The Civil Service Jobs portal allows you to sign up for job alerts tailored to your skills and experience when you create an account on the site.
Young Adult Carers
We greatly respect what young adult carers do and we have opportunities for you whenever you're ready.
The Civil Service Fast Stream has given me the opportunity to work on some of the biggest and most important challenges in society.
The Senior Civil Service is the organisation’s executive arm. Senior Civil Servants make strategic decisions, advise on policy and empower others to deliver, putting public service at the heart of everything they do.